The revival of the US economy is a positive factor for the Thai tourism sector which has seen 7 percent growth in the US market in the first ten months of this year, said the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).
According to Juthaporn Rerngronasa, the TAT’s Deputy Governor for International Marketing in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas , the US market has gradually turned around following signs of economic recovery. For the first ten months of this year, 670,000 tourists from the US visited Thailand.
- Viettel international investment remains profitable despite exchange rates
- Ecuador to hike taxes, sell assets to fund quake rebuilding
- Ecuador death toll tops 500, Correa ponders financing
- Building Phu Yen into Attractive and Friendly Tourist Destination
- Finance Ministry prepares for $3 billion international bond-issuance campaign
As the US market is a highly potential one, the TAT is aiming to promote Thailand as a cultural tourism destination to American visitors. The authority has plans to promote Thai tourism through celebrities and television programmes, with two or three reality shows from the US to be invited to film in Thailand.
For 2014, the TAT expects to generate 8.23 percent growth in revenue from the US market, or 79.5 billion THB in total. The authority hopes to see up to 1.13 million American tourists, a 5.5 percent increase from 2013.-VNA