(VOVworld) – Ho Chi Minh city will become the most attractive destination for Japanese investors, said Kohei Watanabe, President of the Mekong-Japan Economic Cooperation Committee at a reception on Thursday hosted by Le Hoang Quan, Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee. Watanabe said when his delegation returns to Japan, will call for greater investment in the Vietnam-Japan Industrial Park. To meet Japanese investors’ needs, Watanabe suggested the city design a master development plan with a focus on transportation infrastructure.
- Southwestern Steering Committee visits Khmer people for Sene Dolta festival
- Southwestern Steering Committee visits Khmer people for Sen Dolta festival
- Alarming shortage of medical workers in Mekong Delta
- MARD encourages expanding production
- President Truong Tan Sang visits southwestern region steering committee
Accompanying this Japanese business mission was Vietnamese Ambassador to Japan Doan Xuan Hung. Hung worked with the Southwestern Region Steering Committee and representatives from Mekong Delta provinces and cities on ways to attract more Japanese investment. He said Vietnam-Japan relations are going well from central to local levels with more Japanese businesses planning to invest in Vietnam. Hung urged Vietnamese localities to study the 2012 Tokyo Strategy on Mekong-Japan cooperation to seek potential fields of cooperation.