- Aeon Viet Nam inaugurates in HCM City
- India media highlights Vietnam's economic growth
- Japanese firms explore investment opportunities in Binh Duong
- Vietnam metro gets green light for detox centers, begins sending addicts to mandatory rehab
- Deputy PM calls for emergency measures to stop heavy traffic around Dai Nam tourism complex
HA NOI (VNS) — The Aeon Viet Nam Co Ltd, a subsidiary of the leading Japanese retail and financial services corporation Aeon, would open four shopping centres in Viet Nam, two of which were in HCM City.
The first shopping centre Aeon Mall – Tan Phu Celadon in HCM City’s Tan Phu District would be opened on January 1 next year.
According to Nagahisa Oyama, vice president and chief executive officer of the ASEAN Business at Aeon as quoted by Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper, the shopping centre had an investment of US$100 million, with a total area of 80,000 square metres.
Besides made-in-Viet Nam products, the shopping centre would sell goods of Japanese brands such as fashion products, household appliances and interior decorations.
The company expected business success in attracting Vietnamese consumers by Japanese quality standards.
The second shopping centre was planned to be opened in southern Binh Duong Province in October next year and the third one would be opened in Ha Noi’s Long Bien District in 2015.
The Aeon currently had more than 120 shopping malls in Japan and its business operation expanded to 14 countries and territories, including eight Asian countries.
Before investing in shopping malls, Aeon explored the Viet Nam market by the operation of the Mini Stop convenient store chain. — VNS