- Rebel stronghold tightens security ahead of Ukrainian election
- 6 arrested, including 2 foreigners, for selling 147 Vietnamese women to S.Korea, China
- Hoang Anh Gia Lai Arsenal JMG advances to U21 Int'l Football Tournament final
- Egypt declares state of emergency, funerals held for security personnel
- Six killed in militant standoff near eve of Tunisia elections
(VOVworld) Vietnam wants to learn from Belgium’s experience in in international security activities, said Chairman of the National Assembly Committee for National Defence and Security Nguyen Kim Khoa at a meeting with Chairman of the Belgian Chamber of Representative’s Defense Committee Filip De Man in Brussels on Tuesday.
De Man briefed his guest on the operations of the Belgian army, as well as the role of the defense committee in building the force’s action programmes in foreign countries. Khoa called on Belgium to support Vietnam on multilateral issues, especially those related to security and the East Sea.
At separate meetings with the Belgian Central Committee for Counter-terrorism and special units of the Ministry of the Interior, the Belgians pledged continued cooperation with Vietnam in the field of public security and defense.
Earlier, the Vietnamese delegation met with representatives from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and asked them to start a defense and security dialogue with Vietnam.