Tropical storm Nari, which made landfall in the Philippines on October 12 and is approaching Vietnam, is forecast to bring torrential rain to 13 of Cambodia’s 24 cities and provinces from October 16-18.
The Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology has issued a warning to fishermen and cruise ships of possible rising water levels in the Mekong River.
- Mekong Delta strives to ensure fresh water for agricultural production
- Workshop to discuss challenges for urban development
- Eighth Meeting of Environmental Protection Committee for the Basin of Dong Nai river system
- Belgian lawmakers praise Vietnam for IPU-132 success
- Pakistan upgrades water management and irrigation systems
Over the past four weeks, floods have taken the lives of 122 people and affected 1.5 million others across the country.
It damaged 250,000 hectares of rice fields and more than 400 kilometres of roads in 20 cities and provinces nationwide.
As many as 22,000 families have evacuated to higher land.-VNA