Tropical storm Nari, which made landfall in the Philippines on October 12 and is approaching Vietnam, is forecast to bring torrential rain to 13 of Cambodia’s 24 cities and provinces from October 16-18.
The Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology has issued a warning to fishermen and cruise ships of possible rising water levels in the Mekong River.
- Residents in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta risk becoming environmental refugees: official
- Local officials should use all ways to help residents during drought- Deputy PM
- Vietnam calls for constructive dialogue to build confidence
- DPM asks for enhanced regional connection against droughts, sea-water intrusion
- Fate of key labs remains unclear
Over the past four weeks, floods have taken the lives of 122 people and affected 1.5 million others across the country.
It damaged 250,000 hectares of rice fields and more than 400 kilometres of roads in 20 cities and provinces nationwide.
As many as 22,000 families have evacuated to higher land.-VNA