(VOVworld) – The Vietnam Veterans Association collected more than 950 USD at a fund raising campaign on Monday to support the victims of typhoon Wutip in the central region.
Around 12,300 USD was also donated in Tuyen Quang province to the storm victims. On the same day, the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of Quang Nam province launched a campaign to help flood affected people recover and collected nearly 113,000 USD in donations. Earlier, Quang Nam province decided to provide 23,680 USD from its budget to storm victims in the central region.
- HCM City: Fireworks, cultural-sport events mark national reunification anniversa
- Four self-nominated candidates in HCM City approved for election
- Most citizens skeptical about corruption fight
- Provincial leaders meeting Phu Yen Compatriot Association in Ho Chi Minh city
- The first consultation for electing the delegates of the National Assembly and People’s Council Provincially of Term 2016-2021
Meanwhile, the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organizations and a working group on natural disaster management of foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam held a fact finding tour to assess the situation, and decide on aid and measures needed for reconstruction of the two hardest hit flood areas of Quang Tri and Quang Binh. The Union called for support for the storm victims. On Monday, international organizations including the International Red Cross Society and Plan International committed to provide aid worth nearly 80,000 USD.
Tropical storm Wutip swept cross the central provinces between October 1st and 3rd, killing 14 people and destroying more than 220 houses, affecting infrastructure and causing great economic damage.