- 'Non-confidence' should be added to confidence vote in Vietnam: lawmakers
- Danang consumers increasingly favour domestic products
- Da Nang consumers increasingly favour domestic products
- HCMC leaders meet senior teachers on Vietnamese Teachers' Day
- Long An residential area promoting the abolishment of poor households and temporary houses
(VOVworld) – The Vietnam Veterans Association collected more than 950 USD at a fund raising campaign on Monday to support the victims of typhoon Wutip in the central region.
Around 12,300 USD was also donated in Tuyen Quang province to the storm victims. On the same day, the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of Quang Nam province launched a campaign to help flood affected people recover and collected nearly 113,000 USD in donations. Earlier, Quang Nam province decided to provide 23,680 USD from its budget to storm victims in the central region.
Meanwhile, the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organizations and a working group on natural disaster management of foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam held a fact finding tour to assess the situation, and decide on aid and measures needed for reconstruction of the two hardest hit flood areas of Quang Tri and Quang Binh. The Union called for support for the storm victims. On Monday, international organizations including the International Red Cross Society and Plan International committed to provide aid worth nearly 80,000 USD.
Tropical storm Wutip swept cross the central provinces between October 1st and 3rd, killing 14 people and destroying more than 220 houses, affecting infrastructure and causing great economic damage.