PANO – From early September 6th, more than 300 cadres and troops, commanded by Colonel Cao Dac Cu, chief of Lao Cai Provincial Military Command, tried to search for more victims of the terrible flash flood that hit Sa Pa district.
- Deputy Defence Minister works with Lao Cai province
- Military commands exchange experiences in task implementation
- More troops mobilized to help people in whirlwind-hit localities
- Troops help people to overcome the aftermath of natural disasters
- Army plays an important role in maintaining security and stability for development
At 4pm the same day, they found the body of a Dao ethnic woman in Bat Xat district, 6 kilometers from Ban Khoang which was seriously hit by the flash flood. She is the tenth victim found to date.
On September 7th, the force continued searching for the last victim, a two-month old infant in the debris.
Meanwhile, rescue workers marched to isolated areas to help people overcome difficulties and resume normal life as soon as possible and at possible conditions.
Earlier on September 6th, a mission from the Command of Military Zone 2 visited and presented 800 kilograms of rice to flash-hit families, VND 2 million to each family of victims and VND 1 million to each injured person. On the occasion, the Lao Cai Provincial Military Command also supported them VND 10 million.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Education and Training presented gifts to families of victims. Minister Pham Vu Luan himself gave 1 set of computer to each teacher at the residential area devastated by the flash flood.
Translated by Mai Huong