Kelvin Teo, Chief Executive of Sembcorp Development, has said the Singapore consortium is looking at the possibility of building a sixth, and maybe a seventh, Vietnam – Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP).
Singapore’s top daily The Business Times quoted the official as saying that Vietnam has experienced a challenging time in the past two years but the country’s potential cannot be dismissed.
- Kinh Do partners with Ve Wong, aims to be among Vietnam top 3 instant noodle makers
- Taiwan's Kinh Do noodle firm to build $30m plant
- Vietnam, Singapore delighted at growing strategic partnership
- Vietnamese, Singaporean leaders upbeat about flourishing ties
- Singapore, Vietnam upbeat about flourishing ties
Sembcorp sees Vietnam’s potential and is taking steps to raise its stake in a power plant in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province from 33.3 percent to 66.67 percent, he said.