HCM City authorities have suspended eight leaders from the four local public-service companies for embezzling from employees’ salaries
- Public interest companies accused of wage theft
- Faults found in waste water treatment plant
- Solemnly organizing solemnly the 70th Celebration of Establishing the Provincial Armed Forces
- Praising 34 excellent collectives and individuals in implementing 03-CT / TW Directive
- The Party Committees in the provincial authority block: More than VND 4.4 billion to help the communes with difficulties and poor households
The results of the inspection showed that the leaders of the four firms investigated, the HCM City Urban Drainage Company, Public Lighting Company, Saigon Traffic Construction Company and the Green Park Company, received an annual salary of VND2.6 billion (USD123,809) per year.
These companies were found to have manipulated their books and contracts with employees in order to pay extremely high wages to managers while cheating low-level staff.
The suspended managers include two from HCM City Urban Drainage Company, Nguyen Trong Luyen, the Party Secretary and the Chairman of the Member Council and Le Thanh Son, the director. Also included were two from the Public Lighting Company, Tran Trong Hue, Party Secretary and Chairman of the Member Council, and the director Tran Minh Hung.
The two who received reprimands from the Saigon Traffic Construction Company were the Chairman of the Members Council, Nguyen Nhat Tan and the company’s director, Pham Van Vinh.
Also included on the list were both the chairman and director from the Green Park Company.
The companies involved face ongoing investigation, which, according to the municipal Party Committee, should be done by the end of the month.
The city’s Standing Party Committee also requested a freeze on assets that were illegally taken from employees.