- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
- Can clothes really make the man?
- Canada's spies face tough questions after militant attacks
- Directive to establish the Armed Propaganda Unit for National Liberation: Historical and practical values
HA NOI (VNS)- Hundreds of traditional craft villages in Ha Noi and provinces around the Song Hong (Red River) Delta region will showcase their sophisticated products at a festival in the capital city next month.
The Traditional Craft Village Tourism Festival aims to honour traditional skills in craft villages as well as the artisans and craftsmen preserving them.
Around 400 booths featuring hand-made products from each village will be set up within the open-air venue at Quan Ngua Gymnasium.
The artisans and craftsmen will present demonstrations to show visitors how products are created.
Festival-goers will also have the chance to learn about the history of craft villages through special processions carried out by male villagers during the festival.
Other sideline activities include folk games and performances featuring traditional art forms, including quan ho (love duet), ca tru (ceremonial singing), cheo (traditional opera) and chau van (ritual singing).
The festival will also feature a gastronomy area dedicated to traditional foods.
A workshop entitled The Facts and Solutions to Develop Craft Village Tourism will also be on the event’s agenda.
Taking place from October 9-12, the festival will support the National Tourism Year of Song Hong (Red River) Delta – Hai Phong 2013. – VNS