(VOVworld) – The Constitutional Council of Cambodia on Saturday decided to maintain the decision of the National Election Committee on handling complaints relating to the parliamentary election on July 28.
The Constitutional Council’s decision stressed that there were some technical mistakes in packing some “Safety Package A” at 13 polling stations in Svay Chreah commune, Kratie province, but they didn’t affect the initial results announced by the National Election Committee on August 12. The Constitutional Council ordered the National Election Committee topunish election staff who made mistakes in packing and sealing the packages.
- Cambodian PM supports arrest of Senator distorting border treaty
- CNRP official arrested for slandering Vietnam’s policy
- CNRP official arrested over Vietnam leaflets
- Map used in Cambodia-Vietnam border delineation same as one kept by France: official
- Cambodia’s border demarcation map indistinguishable from France’s
On the same day, the Cambodian People’s Party said it supported King Norodom Sihamoni’s appeal for the ruling and opposition parties to resolve their disputed election results based on the kingdom’s constitution. It was the second royal letter by King Sihamoni after the Cambodia National Rescue Party warned of holding a massive demonstration on September 7th, one day prior to the official publication of the election result, if no investigation is conducted by an independent committee without the involvement of the National Election Committee.
Manh Hiep/VOV Cambodia