(VOVworld) – The Constitutional Council of Cambodia on Saturday decided to maintain the decision of the National Election Committee on handling complaints relating to the parliamentary election on July 28.
The Constitutional Council’s decision stressed that there were some technical mistakes in packing some “Safety Package A” at 13 polling stations in Svay Chreah commune, Kratie province, but they didn’t affect the initial results announced by the National Election Committee on August 12. The Constitutional Council ordered the National Election Committee topunish election staff who made mistakes in packing and sealing the packages.
- Vietnam rejects rumor of deploying weapons to border with Cambodia
- Vietnam province urges Cambodian authorities to prevent extremist violence on border
- Vietnam seeks solutions to Cambodian extremists
- Vietnam condemns Cambodian extremists for border intrusion
- Vietnam opposes Cambodian extremists’ attack on people in border province
On the same day, the Cambodian People’s Party said it supported King Norodom Sihamoni’s appeal for the ruling and opposition parties to resolve their disputed election results based on the kingdom’s constitution. It was the second royal letter by King Sihamoni after the Cambodia National Rescue Party warned of holding a massive demonstration on September 7th, one day prior to the official publication of the election result, if no investigation is conducted by an independent committee without the involvement of the National Election Committee.
Manh Hiep/VOV Cambodia