- Diplomatic service helps Vietnam usher in a new era: Deputy PM
- International Conference on Zoonotic Disease Prevention and Control
- Successful operation on baby with heart outside chest firstly conducted in Vietnam
- Five Mekong nations adopt blueprint for industrialisation
- Vietnam has developed enormously: Former Australian Ambassador
The Hanoitimes – Hanoi and HCMCity are among the most attractive Southeast Asian cities and have become ideal destinations for young people from the UK.
Other cities such as Cambodia’s Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, Thailand’s Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya are attractive to them thanks to low-cost services.
In a survey on the price of hotel rooms over the world in the first six months of the year, the Hotels.com website noted that a five-night stay in Phnom Penh was at the same cost of a one-night stay in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
The average hotel room price in Phnom Penh was around 35 GBP for one day and night compared to 180 GPB and 137 GPB in Sydney (Australia). Hanoi was placed second in the list (41 GPB), followed by Chiang Mai (44 GPB), Siem Reap (45 GPB) and HCMCity (60 GPB). The hotel room price in the Asian region dropped by 2 percent.
Another survey last month by ABTA – UK’s leading travel association, identified Thailand as the most favorite destination for British youth followed by Australia, the US and South Africa. Around 24,000 young students graduating their high schools are expected to travel abroad.
By Nguyen Ngan