- Prof. Ngo Bao Chau talks with signal cadets
- Five poor children drown in canal in Dong Nai Province
- Mr. Le Hong Phuong- Deputy Province Committee Secretary visits models of high-productivity corn club at Lang Minh Commune and models of general raising at Xuan Bac Commune
- Agriculture ministry rallies to help save bears on brink of extinction
- Personal jetpack gets flight permit for manned test
Vietnam’s chess ace Le Quang Liem has progressed to the second round at the ongoing Chess World Cup in Troso, Norway.
The HCM City-born player who ranks 42 nd among the 100 top players in the world overcame Filipino Oliver Barbose in a return leg match after 32 moves on August 13.
The going may get more difficult for the Vietnamese player in his next round match, as he faces Francisco Pons Vallejo of Spain, who is considered as a tough opponent.
Meanwhile, another Vietnamese player at the competition, Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son scraped through after managing a draw against Vladimir Akopian of Armenia, who lost to Son in the first march.
The former world U10 champion will next battle against Darimi Pouria of Iran.