All officers, employees and families of the staff of embassies from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Canada have participated in activities to mark the founding day of ASEAN on August 24, held annually in Ottawa.
- Vietnam, South Africa strengthen ties in biodiversity conservation
- Malaysia, Indonesia to accept boats in breakthrough on migrants
- Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand agree on solutions to migration issue
- Italian enterprises hail Vietnam’s investment climate
- Vietnam, Bolivia to strengthen all-round affiliation
During this festival, the ASEAN family members participated in sports, folk games and enjoyed traditional dishes of each nation.
The ASEAN festival is held every year, from April to late August. Each embassy often hosts a sports competition to create opportunities for members of the ASEAN missions in Canada to meet and exchange.
This year, the Vietnamese Embassy organized game of tug of war with the participation of four teams, each with eight members, including representatives of embassies.
Ottawa hosts seven representative agencies of ASEAN countries: Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, the Philippines and Brunei./.