All officers, employees and families of the staff of embassies from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Canada have participated in activities to mark the founding day of ASEAN on August 24, held annually in Ottawa.
- China denies U.S. carrier Hong Kong visit amid maritime tension
- Italian businesses wish to expand trade, investment in Vietnam
- Vietnam Airlines shares to start trading after ANA deal concludes
- Chinese ambitions in South China Sea must be resisted, think tank says
- Italian businesses wish to expand trade, investment in Viet Nam
During this festival, the ASEAN family members participated in sports, folk games and enjoyed traditional dishes of each nation.
The ASEAN festival is held every year, from April to late August. Each embassy often hosts a sports competition to create opportunities for members of the ASEAN missions in Canada to meet and exchange.
This year, the Vietnamese Embassy organized game of tug of war with the participation of four teams, each with eight members, including representatives of embassies.
Ottawa hosts seven representative agencies of ASEAN countries: Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, the Philippines and Brunei./.