VietNamNet Bridge – Mr. Ho Minh Lam, the nephew of forest man Ho Van Thanh, burned down the hut of Thanh and his son in the jungle.After terror bombings in 1972, father and son become “wild men”The “Wild men” miss the wildlifeThe 2m2 hut atop an ancient tree of the “wild men”Quang Ngai: Wild men rescued
- VND 1.1 bln for Pediatrics Emergency Program
- To inaugurate the Project of expanding wards of the provincial General Hospital
- Over VND 29 bln for the waste treatment support Project in Quang Ngai General Hospital
- Quang Ngai Facebook Group Mobilizes Community to help Children
- Quang Ngai: more than 200 children with harelip and cleft palate receive free treatments
“I fired the two huts because on television, they said that I made money from my relatives. I burnt the huts so people will not bother me anymore,” explained Lam. The two huts included one as the home and one as the warehouse of the “forest men.”
Earlier, some newspapers reported that Lam asked for money from reporters who wanted to interview the “forest men” and to visit their huts, which took four hours of walking into the forest.
Lam said he asked for money because he was angry with reporters who bothered him everyday.
Mr. Truong Ngoc Dong, Chairman of Tra Phong Commune, said the local government’s point of view is not accepting anyone to do business from the “forest men.” He confirmed that Lam was wrong to burn the huts of Thanh and Loan because it was the act of destroying assets of others, affecting the environment.
On August 16, Thanh and Loan were hospitalized to the Quang Ngai General Hospital since they needed special care in a place with medical equipment.
Doctors said Thanh suffered from kidney disease and health depression while Loan had a fever, bronchitis and depression.