- Why couldn't Lee Nguyen have high-flying career in Vietnam as in MLS?
- Security warnings calm tourists rather than scare: HCMC cop
- Vietnam football body rapped for wanting to send youth team to World Cup qualifiers
- More support for fishermen and troops on islands
- Proposed ban on late liquor sale sparks controversy among expats in Vietnam
(VOVworld) – A program called “For beloved Truong Sa students” on Friday launched its second phase to raise money to build a primary school on Sinh Ton island, Truong Sa district, in Khanh Hoa province. The program, jointly run by the Vu A Dinh Scholarship Fund, the Ho Chi Minh City Law Newspaper, and Ho Chi Minh City Television, allocated the donation received in the first phase to build the Truong Sa primary school, the first of its kind on Truong Sa archipelago.
Truong My Hoa, former Vice President and Chairwoman of the Vu A Dinh Scholarship Fund, said:”The parents say they can live far from the mainland but can not let children live far from the literacy. Schools are necessary for not only Sinh Ton island but also other places. The Truong Sa primary school built on Big Truong Sa island will lay the foundation for an education system on the archipelago”.
Construction is expected to begin in the 2013-2014 school year on an area of 400 square meters.