(VOVworld)- The Vietnam Association of Victims to Agent Orange (VAVA) today / on Thursday launched a program on assist AO victims by sending the message “DACAM” to the national humanitarian portal (1409).
- Vietnam News Agency organises run for Mother Earth Day
- US Communist Party supports Vietnam’s AO/dioxin victims
- Social support center for AO/dioxin victims unveiled in Hanoi
- House for AO victims opens in Da Nang
- The National Assembly Delegates in Phu Yen province: Visiting, presenting Tet gifts to families of A/O victims
Lasting from August 1to September 30, the program aims to mobilize resources to help AO victims, carry out construction for care caring and rehabilitation centers for AO victims, give them vocational training, build charity houses and to give scholarship and employment support to AO victims and their children. Lieutenant General Nguyen The Luc, Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange/dioxin (VAVA) said: “This year we will try to reach a set target of 130 billion VND gather from different sources. This month will be used to support 10 rehabilitation centers for AO victims, build 800 charity houses and give 10 thousand scholarships, as well as provide thousands of jobs and free medical check-up for about 5 thousand people.”
The program to send massages to support AO victims was first launched in 2011 and has mobilized more than 9 billion VND for AO victims.