– More than 2,000 people joined a walk for community health and cardiovascular health on August 25, with the theme “For a healthy heart” in Ha Long city.
The program was organized by Cai Lan oils and fats industries company (CALOFIC), Simply soybean oil brand in collaboration with Quang Ninh provincial Health Department, Vietnam National Heart Institute, the Quang Ninh provincial general hospital, the Quang Ninh provincial Youth Union and the Ha Long city Women’s Union, to respond World Heart Day 2013.
- Vietnam Heart Institute receives third Independence Medal
- Breakthrough in mitral regurgitation treatment brings new hope for Vietnamese patients
- 20% of Vietnam's population to have heart diseases by 2017
- 30% Vietnamese adults suffer from hypertension: heart institute
- A quarter of adult population is hypertensive
With the purpose of communication and raising the awareness of local people about the prevention of cardiovascular disease, at the launching ceremony, the organizing board called on people to raise awareness about maintaining heart health and protecting their healthy hearts with a sensible diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Right after the launch ceremony, more than 2,000 people participated in a walk along Ha Long street to call on people to raise awareness of cardiovascular health. Cardiovascular disease and hypertension are common diseases and the number of sufferers has risen in recent years in Vietnam, as well as in many countries around the world. According to the World Heart Association, Vietnam will have 20% of the population suffering from this disease by 2017. According to the most recent survey by Vietnam National Heart Institute, 25.1% of people over the age of 25 in Vietnam have high blood pressure.
Also within the framework of the program, hundreds of people have received direct consultation on basic knowledge about cardiovascular disease prevention in general, nutrition regimen to prevent obesity by cardiovascular doctors, and received free examinations.
Since 2000, the World Heart Federation chose the last Sunday in September as “World Heart Day.” So far, over 100 countries and territories in the world, including Vietnam, are members of the World Heart Federation./.