(VOVworld) – The National Assembly’s Law Committee discussed amendments and supplements to the Law on Notary in Ho Chi Minh city on Friday.
- The National Assembly Delegates in Phu Yen province: Visiting, presenting Tet gifts to families of A/O victims
- January retail sales surge 11%, biggest increase in five years
- Strengthening measures to stabilize the market
- New leaders pledge sustainable future
- Schools need to better vocational training methods
Deputies agreed on the need to revise the law as part of efforts to reform the judicial system. Some deputies proposed clarifying the responsibility of the state and private businesses in notary. Others suggested transforming state notary offices into private offices and establishing notary offices in remote areas in order to simplify the state apparatus and notary activities. Pham Tri Thuc, a member of the National Assembly’s Law Committee says: “Court approval should be considered if the law includes regulations on the legality of notarized documents. People will take advantage of this to evade taxes in civil transactions.”
The Law on Notary will have 9 more articles and 26 existing articles will be revised.