(VOVworld) – The National Assembly’s Law Committee discussed amendments and supplements to the Law on Notary in Ho Chi Minh city on Friday.
- Sharp funding cut in Long Thanh airport project
- Lawmakers emphasise human right protection for those under temporary detention
- National Assembly Standing Committee wraps up its 35th session
- Economic development attached to national defense in key areas
- Finance Ministry puts 2015 budget deficit at VND226 trillion
Deputies agreed on the need to revise the law as part of efforts to reform the judicial system. Some deputies proposed clarifying the responsibility of the state and private businesses in notary. Others suggested transforming state notary offices into private offices and establishing notary offices in remote areas in order to simplify the state apparatus and notary activities. Pham Tri Thuc, a member of the National Assembly’s Law Committee says: “Court approval should be considered if the law includes regulations on the legality of notarized documents. People will take advantage of this to evade taxes in civil transactions.”
The Law on Notary will have 9 more articles and 26 existing articles will be revised.