- Some activities to celebrate 110 year birthday for Prof. and Minister Hoang Minh Giam
- Some 30,000 cabinets of medicine to be given to offshore fishermen
- 30,000 medical chests to be presented to offshore fishermen
- Establishing Council at ministerial level about Master Development Plan about culture, family, sports and tourism
- Eye care for nearly 1,000 ethnic minorities in Ha Giang province
PANO – On August 22nd, the Ministry of Education and Training and Friesland Campina Vietnam Company launched a contest to promote nutrition in kindergartens and knowledge for school managers and those responsible for nutrition in over 10,000 kindergartens across the country, in the presence of Deputy Minister of Education and Training, Mrs. Nguyen Thi Nghia, and Director of Kindergarten Education Department under the Ministry, Associate Prof, Dr. Nguyen Ba Minh.
At the launch ceremony, Dr. Minh said that improving nutrition quality and health care for children is one of the kindergarten sector’s priorities in the 2013-2014 period. The contest aims to elevate knowledge of nutrition and health care for managers and nutritionists.
On this occasion, the organizers published a handbook on nutrition in nationwide kindergartens. In addition, they also built a website to promote nutrition and health care education in kindergartens.
According to a survey on South East Asia Nutrition Situation (SEANUTS) by Friesland Campina and the Vietnam National Institute of Nutrition, fifty percent of Vietnamese children in the ages from 6 months to 11 are suffering from nutritional deficiency.
Therefore, this contest is one of the campaigns in response to Project 641 on improving the physical stature of Vietnamese people in the period of 2011-2030.
The online contest, starting from September 9th, 2013 to September 27th, 2013, consists of 3 rounds at district, provincial and national levels.
Translated by Tuan Anh