CAN THO (VNS)— The National Fund for Vietnamese Children yesterday awarded scholarships to 100 students in the Cuu Long (Mekong) Delta region under a US$150,000 programme.
The programme, funded by an energy consortium led by Chevron Viet Nam, will provide 800 scholarships and upgrade five schools in the Can Tho, Hau Giang, Bac Lieu, Kien Giang and Ca Mau provinces.
- WHO formally certifies made-in-Vietnam vaccine
- Viet Nam must help children left behind by MDGs
- Major strides made by Vietnam on MDG agenda, but substantial unfinished business remains
- Statue of late President Ho Chi Minh to be placed in Czech Republic
- Gifts presented to impoverished children in Binh Dinh province
Since 2009, the programme has provided more than 3,000 scholarships and upgraded 14 schools in the region. — VNS