CAN THO (VNS)— The National Fund for Vietnamese Children yesterday awarded scholarships to 100 students in the Cuu Long (Mekong) Delta region under a US$150,000 programme.
The programme, funded by an energy consortium led by Chevron Viet Nam, will provide 800 scholarships and upgrade five schools in the Can Tho, Hau Giang, Bac Lieu, Kien Giang and Ca Mau provinces.
- The floating life of Vietnamese children on Tonle Sap Lake in Cambodia
- Overseas Vietnamese children enjoy Mid-Autumn festival
- “Traditional toys” exhibition opens in Hanoi
- Over VND1 billion spent assisting disadvantaged children welcome mid-Autumn festival
- Senior Operations Director of World Vision International awarded friendship medal
Since 2009, the programme has provided more than 3,000 scholarships and upgraded 14 schools in the region. — VNS