- Construction begins on second made-in-Vietnam offshore oilrig
- NA deputies discuss draft revised laws on housing and real estate business
- VinaCapital claims $4b casino project near realisation
- Police confirm piracy attack on Vietnam oil tanker, seek Interpol help
- Vietnamese oil tanker Sunrise confirmed to be hijacked
The island district of Con Dao will be upgraded into a city after 2014, according to a project “Specific administrative organisation, mechanism and model for Con Dao” recently announced by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Ba Ria – Vung Tau province.
To become a high-grade economic and tourism service zone, Con Dao will apply specific mechanisms and policies on investment attraction, socio-economic development, infrastructure construction and national security.