(VOVworld) – Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on Saturday attended a ceremony to mark the 10th founding anniversary of the Chu Lai open economic zone in Nui Thanh district, Quang Nam province. The government leader urged Quang Nam to exert more efforts to call for large-scale projects and auxiliary services. He said the province now needs to clear land, help people resettle in new areas, reform administrative procedures, and train the workforce: “Land clearance is a competitive advantage, particularly in central areas, where there is no land reserve. To do so, we need to encourage the people and relocate them to other areas. Good human resources are important. Training of workers and engineers should be done for economic purposes. This is an urgent demand to ease the people’s hardship and poverty. We also need higher-quality projects”.
- Deputy PM urges more investment in grassroots health care
- Improving healthcare services in the northwestern region
- Medical facilities in disadvantaged regions should be invested, official says
- HCMC's NA reps seek old powers to send addicts to rehab
- Vietnamese provincial officials punished for drunken karaoke brawl
The Chu Lai open economic zone comprises of 24 communes and 5 industrial parks with a total coverage of 3,500ha. Over the past decade, the zone has accommodated 89 investment projects worth 1.5 billion USD. On Saturday, construction of the Dr. Thanh-Chu Lai industrial park and international port with a total capital of 400 million USD started.
Thanh Ha, VOV correspondent in central region