(VOVworld) – The international community has hailed Vietnam for its efforts to realize the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) with some goals already reached ahead of the deadline. At the ongoing annual ministerial review of the Economic and Social Council in Switzerland, Vietnam is one of 3 countries to voluntarily share its experiences and achievements in national development. To date, Vietnam has 3 achieved goals, 3 goals likely to be achieved by 2015, and 2 challenging goals that need greater effort including sustainably protecting the environment and controlling the HIV epidemic.
- IPU Secretary General lauds Vietnam’s contributions to IPU activities
- Women parliamentarians discuss realising gender equality frameworks
- Inter-Parliamentary Union's 132nd Assembly opens in Ha Noi
- Inter-Parliamentary Union’s 132nd Assembly opens
- IPU-132 is great chance for Hanoi to showcase charm: Danish Ambassador
Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen The Phuong, head of Vietnam’s delegation to the meeting, told reporters that Vietnam is willing to share its experiences and hopes to receive cooperation and assistance to improve the quality of its MDG implementation. Vietnam has been working closely with the UN to outline the post-2015 global development agenda.