- Dong Thap: Director arrested for smuggling nearly 6,000 tons of oil
- HCMC police seek charge against Taiwanese-led fraud gang
- HCMC police apprehend man who stole iPhone 5 from British woman
- Ho Chi Minh City police stop giving safety leaflets to foreigners over public responses
- Security warnings calm tourists rather than scare: HCMC cop
VietNamNet Bridge – On the evening of July 9, at Tan Son Nhat Airport, HCM City, the U.S. police handed over a man named Huynh Van Nga to the Vietnamese authorities.
About three years ago, Huynh Van Nga fled to the US before the arrest warrant was released.
The Vietnamese police agency issued international arrest warrants against Huynh Van Nga because during the time serving as the deputy director of Thien Son Phu Company (specializing in iron and steel business), Nga used the same assets to mortgage for loans at many banks to appropriate hundreds of billions dong (tens of million USD).
To be settled in the U.S., Nga used a fake divorce decision with his wife in Vietnam and made fraudulent marriage with a U.S. citizen. The US authorities detected the false marriage and deported Nga back to Vietnam.