- Construction begins on second made-in-Vietnam offshore oilrig
- NA deputies discuss draft revised laws on housing and real estate business
- VinaCapital claims $4b casino project near realisation
- Police confirm piracy attack on Vietnam oil tanker, seek Interpol help
- Vietnamese oil tanker Sunrise confirmed to be hijacked
VGP – It was estimated that over 3.5 foreign arrivals visited Viet Nam in the first six months of 2013, a year-on-year increase of 2.6%.
Initial statistics showed that the number of domestic tourists reached 24 million, up 12% against the same period last year.
The tourism industry brought back VND105 trillion in revenue, up 23.5%.
In June alone, Viet Nam welcomed around 560,000 foreign arrivals, up 1.5% against last month and 29.6% against the same period last year.
In the January-June period, Ho Chi Minh City continued to be the most favorite destination by luring over 1.9 million tourists, up 5% against the same period last year, followed by the Southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau with 6.46 million guests, up 10.76%.
Viet Nam’s top ten tourism markets include Russia, Thailand, Indonesia, China, New Zealand, Malaysia, Australia, the Republic of Korea, Japan and the UK./.
By Khanh Phuong