- Buffalo fighting festival recognised as intangible cultural heritage
- City hosts Int'l Exhibition on Food and Beverage
- Vietnamese contestants show off World Skills
- Vietnamese students go to Worldskills Competition
- 2013 Ozone2Climate Technology Roadshow highlights HCFC alternatives to safeguard ozone layer
Vietnamese contestants bagged seven vocational certificates of excellence in the week-long 42nd Worldskills Competition, which commenced on July 2 in Leipzig, Germany.
Vietnam’s achievements at the competition have contributed to improving the position of the country’s vocational training sector in the ASEAN region and the world.
Deputy Head of the General Department of Vocational Training Cao Van Sam made the remarks in a recent interview with Vietnam News Agency’s correspondents in Germany.
The Vietnamese students displayed proficiency in cooking, restaurant services, fashion, web design, IT solutions, plumbing, refrigeration and air conditioning, electrical installations, electronics and carpentry.
The largest ever event of its kind, this year’s contest saw more than 1,000 candidates from 65 countries and territories compete across 46 vocations. The competition was first held in Spain in 1947. Since 1973, it has been held biennially. It has been known as WorldSkills Competition since 1999.-VNA