(VOV) – The General Electric (GE) Fund has granted disadvantaged students 10 scholarships worth US$3,450 each for the 2012-2014 academic year.
- 335 Russian scholarships for Vietnamese students
- 130 students to receive French scholarships
- GE scholarships granted to Vietnamese students
Beneficiaries include four students from the Hanoi Foreign Trade University, two from Ho Chi Minh City Foreign Trade University, two from Danang University, and two from Hanoi National University.
- Foreign Trade University Ho Chi Minh City wins CFA Institute Research Challenge Vietnam Final
- Art & Entertainment News 30/9
- YouTube sensation wins Vietnamese version of 'The Winner Is'
- Malaysian students joining Vietnam volunteer program to teach English, build roads
- Vietnam students rank third at global energy contest
The GE Fund is the charitable arm of General Electric Group.
The scholarship is designed to support academically outstanding but disadvantaged students studying economics, technology, and the natural sciences at Vietnam’s leading universities.
Scholarship-winning students will attend a Hanoi skill seminar in mid-July. They will hear presentations discussing human relations and the path to achieving success.
They will also receive guidance from senior GE Group officials and take part in collective spirit-building activities.
The scholarship is managed by the Institute of International Education (IIE), established in the US in 1919. IIE Vietnam began operating in 1997.