The book “Vietnam – The Land of Dragons and Fairies” by Russian scholar Daria Mishukova made its debut in Hanoi on July 5, bringing to local readers the views of foreigners on the Southeast Asian nation.
According to Prof. Ha Minh Duc, one of the leading scholars in Vietnam, the book which was first published in Russian in 2007 and reprinted in 2010, is considered one of the most interesting book on Vietnam in Russia at present.
- Vietnam-Germany University is to become one of the top universities in the region: President
- Vien grabs seven gold medals at Asian Championships
- Large German business delegation to tour Vietnam
- 2016 Young Southeast Asian Initiative (YSEALI) academic fellows
- Vietnam looks to Internet, foreign TV channels to promote tourism
It provides a detailed description on Vietnamese culture, country and people, offering a positive image of Vietnam and helping promote the country’s culture and tourism among foreign friends.
The Vietnamese version has been done by the author herself, who is an expert in Oriental and Vietnamese studies.
Daria Mishukova started writing on the “Vietnam – The Land of Dragons and Fairies” in the summer of 2006 and completed it 3 months later. Before that, she had spent over 10 years studying Vietnamese, conducted research on Vietnamese culture and made field trips in almost all provinces and cities in Vietnam.
The Russian scholar has published four books, three of which are on the theme of Vietnam. She has been awarded with numerous insignia for her contribution to the development of Vietnam’s culture, sports and tourism.