The National Fund for Vietnamese Children (NFVC) has granted scholarships to 120 students from poor families in the central province of Quang Tri.
The scholarships were presented by Vice State President Nguyen Thi Doan, who is chairwoman of the NFVC Sponsorship Council, at a ceremony in Quang Tri province on July 19.
- Taking up in science and technology applications helps promote development
- Units conferred with orders on their foundation anniversaries
- Vice President Doan meets outstanding entrepreneurs
- Over VND 12 billion donated to "Operation Healthy Heart" program
- Over 2,700 disadvantaged children receive support for heart surgery
Of the beneficiaries, 110 were awarded with scholarships, each worth 3 million VND, while the others, each got 5 million VND.
Over the past two decades, the NFVC has raised over 4 trillion VND to help more than 27 million children in special difficulty nationwide though activities such as granting scholarships, providing free surgeries and building schools.