Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is planning to use Poland as a production base for Thai products to be exported to other European nations.
During her official visit to Poland , Yingluck attended a seminar to follow up the Thai private sector’s investments in the country. The seminar was also aimed to seek ways to increase trade value with Poland to 1 billion USD before the end of 2018.
- Thailand: Supreme Court accepts lawsuit against former PM
- Thai Supreme Court accepts criminal case against former PM Yingluck
- Activist monk seeks Buddhism overhaul in Thailand over corruption fears
- 250 former Thai lawmakers indicted of acting unconstitutionally
- Thailand files charges against former Prime Minister
As Thailand is planning to promote its products in Europe, the PM suggested Thai businesses to invest more in Poland and consider using the Central European nation as their production and distribution base. As a result, Poland will also benefit from the move as Thailand serves as its gateway to ASEAN.
She also encouraged tourism representatives to help draw Polish tourists to Thailand by conveying the country’s safety and welfare standards to them. Other areas of cooperation between the two countries include medical technology, alternative energy, agro-products and food security.-VNA/NNT