The Plan International Non-Governmental Organization (Quang Ngai office) recently in combination with relevant agencies has summarized the Project of improving the nutrition for mothers and children, concentrating ethnic minorities.
- Malaysia to form committee to supervise TPP implementation
- Spring travel helps international friends understand Vietnam’s history and culture
- Quang Ngai to cooperate with Malteser International in disaster prevention
- Vietnamese, US doctors offer free surgeries for disadvantaged children
- Thua Thien Hue receives support to improve quality of life
Representatives of provincial departments of DoFA, DoH, the provincial health Centers, leaders of Son Ha and Ba To DPC, the district project management Boards and commune health-workers attended the event.
Participants presented the project results achieved, the advantages and difficulties in the process of project implementation and shared the experience lessons as well.
The project’s activities focused mainly on training for staff of commune and village levels, organizing activities of propagandizing and guiding safety health care; supplying micronutrients for children of 7 -24 months, worming for U5 children, providing iron supplementation for pregnant and pre-pregnancy women.
Reportedly, the project was implemented in 11 communes of Son Ha district and 13 communes of Ba To in the period of 10/2010 – 6/2013 with a total capital of about VND 6.4 billion funded by Plan International and corresponding budget of the two localities.