(VOV) -Customs officers and border-guard forces at Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Son Nhat Airport have arrested V.M.D., a Vietnamese national residing in Canada, for illegally transporting 2,065 ecstasy pills.
- Three face death penalty for drug trafficking
- A transnational drug ring smashed
- Tough measures against drug-related issues
V.M.D., 26, was caught while he attempting to smuggle the synthetic drugs from Hong Kong to Vietnam on board a CX767 airplane.
- Russian man caught with 6.42 kg of drugs at airport
- Vietnamese businessman smacked flight attendant on waist with phone: airport authority
- Russian student caught with drugs in luggage at Vietnam airport
- Student runs Cocaine from Dubai to Ho Chi Minh city
- Russian arrested at Vietnam airport for smuggling 6.5 kilos of cocaine from Dubai
The ecstasy pills were hidden in his luggage and uncovered during an inspection at Tan Son Nhat airport.
Relevant agencies are broadening the scope and scale of their investigations into the case.