PANO – Various meaningful activities were held to pay gratitude to war invalids, veterans and policy beneficiaries nationwide.
* On July 20th, the Military Youth Committee under the General Department of Politics (the Ministry of National Defence) and the Ha Nam Provincial Youth Union provided free check-ups and medicines to 1,000 war invalids, seriously sick soldiers and policy beneficiaries with adversity in 3 districts of Duy Tien, Binh Luc and Ly Nhan in Ha Nam Province.
On the occasion, the committee presented 50 gifts, worth VND 1 million each, and built 2 gratitude houses, valued at VND 50 million each, for policy beneficiaries.
* A more than 40 sq.m gratitude house, worth VND 210 million, and other necessities were handed over to the family of war invalid Ta Duy Mau in Le Ho commune, Kim Bang district, Ha Nam Province by the organ of the General Department of Politics and local authorities on July 19th.
The organ also presented 120 gifts to its staff whose parents are war invalids and martyrs, inquired after 5 heroic Vietnamese mothers in Thang Binh district, Quang Nam Province and gave 5 saving-books to policy beneficiaries in Ba Dinh district, Hanoi. It plans to hand over 10 houses of gratitude and comradeship, totally valued at nearly VND 1 billion, to policy beneficiaries by the end of this year.
* Division 375 under Air Force and Air Defence Service on July 19th presented 100 gifts to heroic Vietnamese mothers, war invalids and sick soldiers under treatment at Military Hospital 17 and martyrs’ relatives and policy beneficiaries in the garrisoned locality. The unit spent hundreds of working days to repair 17 martyrs’ cemeteries in the locality.
* 10 presents, worth VND 200,000 each, was given to sick soldiers, martyrs’ relatives and policy beneficiaries in two communes of Phu Son and Thai Hoa in Ba Vi district, Hanoi by the Engineering Technical School under the Engineering Arm. The school’s staff also helped decorate two gratitude houses and paid tribute to martyrs in the locality.
* Until July 19th, the armed forces in Hung Yen province collected VND 130 million for the Gratitude Fund in 2013. Of the sum, VND 73.7 million went to policy beneficiaries, war invalids and martyr’s children, VND 105 million were used to build a gratitude house and repair 3 other houses. Besides, the provincial military command helped clean up martyrs’ cemeteries and provided free health check-ups and medicines to 100 policy beneficiaries in Hai Chieu commune, Tien Lu district.
* On July 18th, a mission from the Rescue Department under the Ministry of National Defence gave VND 10 million to family of the hero of the People’s Armed Force, martyr Le Van Phuong, who died while rescuing people from flooding in Quang Tri town at night of September 29th, 2009. On the occasion, the SAR Department of the Staff of Military Zone 4 presented a VND 2 million gift to his family.
* Quang Nam Provincial People’s Committee decided to spend than VND 9 billion for gratitude activities in the locality.
* With over VND 100 million from its production promotion fund, Division 9 of Army Corps 4 teamed up with Children’s Hospital 2 in Ho Chi Minh city to provide free check-ups and medicines for 350 children of the unit’s staff and local people, as well as presented nearly 100 gifts to policy beneficiaries and people who rendered good service in the national salvation, as well as soldiers with adversity.
Translated by Ngoc Bich