- New York City police officer shot in head, suspect in custody
- Soul-searching over quake ends Everest climbing season
- Quake overwhelms Nepal's weak healthcare system
- TMMC Healthcare, Sojitz ink 1st Vietnamese-Japanese strategic healthcare partnership
- TMMC Healthcare and Capital Medica – Sojitz: the first Vietnamese – Japanese strategic partnership in the private health sector
In order to improve, reduce environment pollution due to medical waste from hospitals, medical facilities across Quang Ngai province, Chairman of the PPC approved the plan of medical waste treatment in the province in the period of 2013 – 2015.
As targeted, by 2015, 78-90% of hazardous solid waste in the medical facilities will be collected, sorted and transported to the processing incinerators; 100% of the hazardous waste incinerators in hospitals must be managed and operated by specialized staff.
New equipment will be purchased for collecting, classifying kinds of medical waste in hospitals, medical facilities for disposal. Besides, 04 wastewater treatment systems will be installed in the provincial Maternity & Child Hospital, Dang Thuy Tram hospital, Ba To and Tra Bong district general hospitals; some wastewater treatment works (capacity of 10-50m3/day) will be upgraded in provincial Medical Centers.
Reportedly, Chairman of the PPC on 03 July also approved the solid waste management plan in Quang Ngai province towards 2020.