(VOVworld) – A program to provide poor people in border areas with cows in an effort to build new rural areas was held in Hanoi on Saturday. After it was launched 3 months ago, the program has received donations worth 3.5 million USD, equivalent to 7,000 cows from 200 organizations and individuals at home and abroad. Deputy Prime Minister Vu Van Ninh was speaking at the function: “The Vietnam Red Cross Society has cooperated with Vietnam Television and border soldiers to make this program a success. I call on kind-hearted organizations and individuals to support this humanitarian act, thus contributing to the nation’s efforts to reduce poverty, safeguard border security, and build new rural areas.”
- National single-window mechanism at international seaports
- OSS mechanism applied at international seaports
- One-stop-shop customs mechanism officially piloted
- Former Lord Mayor of London praises Vietnam's efforts in banking and financial stabilization
- National Single Window to Be Connected from Nov 30, 2014
On this occasion, President Truong Tan Sang, the Honorary President of the Vietnam Red Cross Society, symbolically presented 2,000 cows to 10 poor districts.