PANO – A memorial ceremony for 7 volunteer soldiers, whose remains were collected by search teams of the Nghe An provincial Military Command, was solemnly held in Hanoi by the Military Zone 4 Command and the Hanoi People’s Committee on July 18th.
- Hanoi orders removal of 16 unsafe cranes at construction sites
- Congratulation of the 2nd Vietnam Science and Technology Day
- Investors in mired project call for decision
- Review of officials’ responsibility in ‘tree massacre’ must finish in June: Hanoi authorities
- Lack of details led to tree rallies: inspectors
Addressing the ceremony, Lieutenant Colonel Pham Quang Thin, Head of Military Zone 4’s delegation, said troops of search teams from Military Zone 4 had braved all difficulties to locate, excavate and repatriate 24,000 sets of remains of Vietnamese volunteer soldiers and experts from nine Vietnamese and Lao provinces to their hometowns. Among them, 6,000 were identified.
These deeds met the martyrs’ relatives aspirations and at the same time served as a token of gratitude to those who had heroically sacrificed for national liberation and for the noble international mission.
These martyrs were reburied in the martyrs’ cemetery in the capital city Hanoi.
Translated by Son Ca