Flotilla 2 under the Tra Vinh Provincial Border Guard Command successfully saved 5 fishermen in distress at sea on July 19th.
- Military hospital offers free health check-ups for mountainous people
- Vietnamese beauty titled 3rd runner-up in 2015 Miss International
- VMMU provides more masters and doctors for the health sector
- Army units asked to roll out solutions to military information security
- Ho Chi Minh City honours dutiful people
At 1pm on July 19th, the Truong Long Hoa Border Post received an SOS signal from troubled trawler TV 2322 TS, with Pham Van Thuat at the helm, a native in Nha Mat village, Truong Long Hoa commune, Duyen Hai district. While fishing around 7 nautical miles from east of the Vam Lang Nuoc water, the trawler sank after its engine failure caused by strong winds and high waves.
Promptly, Flotilla 2 located the distressed trawler and then sent 15 cadres and troops and ship ST 1442B to the scene. After more than an hour searching, the rescue force found 5 adrift fishermen and took them ashore safely.
Translated by Ha Thanh