The death toll from a strong 6.1-magnitude earthquake that struck the Indonesian province of Aceh has climbed to 22, a disaster agency official said.
“So far 22 people died, 210 people were injured, and thousands of buildings and homes were damaged in the quake (on Tuesday),” National Disaster Management Agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said in a text message.
- 62 injured, 200 houses damaged after strong quake in Indonesia's Papua
- Indonesia orders action against land burning as haze chokes SE Asia
- Hundreds dead, millions displaced as monsoon rains heap misery on Asia
- Hundreds dead, millions displaced as monsoon heaps misery on Asia
- Indonesia: Raung, Gamalama volcanoes erupt