- Five poor children drown in canal in Dong Nai Province
- Mr. Le Hong Phuong- Deputy Province Committee Secretary visits models of high-productivity corn club at Lang Minh Commune and models of general raising at Xuan Bac Commune
- Agriculture ministry rallies to help save bears on brink of extinction
- Chess masters begin hunt for Asian titles
- Sports News Headlines 3/4
(VOV) – Two Vietnamese chess players, Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son and Le Quang Liem, have been placed 29th and 85th among 128 players competing in the Chess World Cup 2013.
Liem will face Oliver Barbosa (the Philippines), who ranks 100th, in the first round. It is expected to be an easy match for the Vietnamese GM, and if he is successful, he will compete with the winner of a match between Diego Flores (Argentina) and Vallejo Pons (Spain).
Overcoming this challenge, Liem may meet strong rival Alexandr Grischuk (Russia) who was defeated by Liem at the recent 2013 World Blitz and Rapid Championships.
Meanwhile, Vietnamese chess player, Truong Son will face Vladimir Akopian (Russia), who ranks 44th, in the first round.
The Chess World Cup 2013 will be held in Norway from August 10 to September 5.