- Japan's Abe points to 2008 crisis as G7 leaders debate global risk
- Vietnam’s G7 summit participation- contribution to world, peace, prosperity
- Japan's Abe takes G7 leaders to shrine as economy tops summit agenda
- Japan PM protests Okinawa crime to Obama, who promises cooperation
- Obama trip to boost Vietnam-US trade ties
(Cinet)- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is promoting six experiential and creative travel themes to encourage multi-country trips across Southeast Asia. The themed promotions are part of the implementation of the ASEAN Tourism Marketing Strategy 2012-2015.
The six travel themes are The Tastes of Southeast Asia; ASEAN, a Tropical Paradise; World-Class Cities; Experience Diverse Traditions; Sport and Relax; and Diverse Contemporary Creativity.
Aung Zaw Win, Director General of Myanmar’s Ministry of Hotels and Tourism, and Chairman of the ASEAN Tourism Product Development Working Group, said the themes do not only introduce the cultural heritage, arts and characteristics of ASEAN’s destinations, but they also meet the demands of tourists today who want to experience, discover and immerse themselves in local ways of life.
For inspiring travellers , ASEAN has compiled a series of the themes’ features such as beach, nature and wildlife, cruise and rail tours, heritage and culture, health and spa facilities, he said.
Information about the travel companies and tour programmes is posted on the official ASEAN travel website www.aseantourism.travel.