PANO – The Vietnam Marine Police received the third CASA-212-400 marine patrol aircraft number 8983 at the airport of Regiment 918 of the Air Defence and Air Force Service on July 16th in the presence of representatives of relevant agencies.
- Vietnam marine police receive modern patrol boat
- Oil firm gifts high-speed patrol boat to Vietnam Marine Police
- Vietnamese ship returns water cannon fire with Chinese
- Vietnamese vessels strike back attack by water cannons from Chinese ships
- China sends fighter planes to protect its illegal oil rig in Vietnam's waters
This is the third aircraft of this kind handed over to Vietnam, after the two first planes which arrived in Vietnam in August 2012 and January 2013.
CASA-212-400 is the fourth-generation multi-functioned military craft made by the Airbus Group with modern technical equipment for conducting sea patrols, parachuting, protecting continental shelves and detecting oil spills and forest fires, as well as controlling drug smuggling.
The plane can fly 8 consecutive hours over the sea and operate in narrow airfields.
According to Senior Lieutenant Colonel Nguyen Hoai Thuy, Head of the CASA-212-400 Squadron, two groups of pilots were sent to training courses in Spain to master the new aircraft.
Translated by Van Hieu