The modern and traditional culture of Vietnam is overwhelming the atmosphere of the four-day Water Festival which kicked off on June 20 in Saint Amand les Eaux city, 220km north of Paris, as part of efforts to foster bilateral ties.
Joining the festival as an honorary guest, Vietnam is offering the host a feast of musical performances, exhibitions on traditional customs of ethnic minorities and landscape paintings.
- Seminar seeks to assist overseas Vietnamese businesses in Cambodia
- Malaysian firms seek investment and business opportunities in Vietnam
- Forum in Malaysia presents Vietnam’s business environment
- Kuala Lumpur forum showcases Viet Nam's business environment
- Angolan President keen to boost cooperation with Vietnam
The event is part of activities to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Vietnam-France diplomatic ties, said Alain Bocquet, the city’s Mayor. T he fact that Vietnam is invited as an honorary guest demonstrates the solidarity and friendship with Vietnamese people and will open up new opportunities of cooperation, he added.
The city is willing to twin with a Vietnamese city which has water-related geographical features such as a resort or an environmentally friendly tourism destination, paving the way for closer economic bonds, said the Mayor.
Vietnamese Ambassador to France Duong Chi Dung said Vietnam has become a focal point for international friends. French people and localities have shown their interest in setting up closer links with Vietnam for better mutual understanding and cooperation, the diplomat added.-VNA