On June 25, the Ho Chi Minh city Customs Department said that the unit had just cooperated with Tan Son Nhat Aviation Security Centre and appropriate authorities to arrest D. Jason, born in 1973, American nationality, to investigate the act of illegal transport of drugs.
Earlier, D. Jason attempted to leave the country from Ho Chi Minh City to board a flight to Sydney (Australia) via the Tan Son Nhat International Airport. When inspecting his luggage, the security officers discovered several plastic packets containing white powder, which was suspected to be drugs.
- Security checks intensified at Tan Son Nhat airport
- Vietnam to lift tail of missing fighter jet as search for pilot continues
- Search underway for two missing pilots whose warplanes disappeared off central Vietnam
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – April 16
- Randomly parked taxis compromise traffic safety in Ho Chi Minh City
Immediately, D. Jason was detained and a quick test confirmed that the white powder was heroin, with the weight of 1.1 kg.
Currently, D. Jason and the seized heroin are in the custody of the Drug crime investigation police department (PC47) under the Ho Chi Minh City Police for further investigation.