On June 25, the Ho Chi Minh city Customs Department said that the unit had just cooperated with Tan Son Nhat Aviation Security Centre and appropriate authorities to arrest D. Jason, born in 1973, American nationality, to investigate the act of illegal transport of drugs.
Earlier, D. Jason attempted to leave the country from Ho Chi Minh City to board a flight to Sydney (Australia) via the Tan Son Nhat International Airport. When inspecting his luggage, the security officers discovered several plastic packets containing white powder, which was suspected to be drugs.
- Image: Overseas Vietnamese return home for Tet, crowd Tan Son Nhat Airport
- Ho Chi Minh City braces for Zika virus
- Tan Son Nhat Airport under strain as overseas Vietnamese return home for Tet
- Aviation watchdog, airlines move to keep Vietnam’s busiest airport from overloading during Tet
- Japanese man fights with taxi driver over fare in Ho Chi Minh City
Immediately, D. Jason was detained and a quick test confirmed that the white powder was heroin, with the weight of 1.1 kg.
Currently, D. Jason and the seized heroin are in the custody of the Drug crime investigation police department (PC47) under the Ho Chi Minh City Police for further investigation.