- MOU signing ceremony between Thua Thien Hue Province and Poitou-Charentes Region (France)
- Hai Duong and Seine Saint Denis signs cooperation documents in 2013
- Chairman Nguyen Van Cao attends the 9th Vietnam-France Decentralized Cooperation Conference in Brest (France)
- 9th Vietnam-France Decentralized Cooperation Conference
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau and France's Brest cooperation prospects
(VOVworld) – Vietnam and France have evaluated and exchanged experiences of cooperation between the two countries’ localities at a just concluded 4-day conference in France. Participants to the 9th event of its kind discussed remaining problems and establishing closer ties. They mentioned ways to create more favorable decentralized cooperation to better suit the current situation including a new cooperation model featuring sustainable development, mutual benefit, and higher efficiency of local management. Deputy Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son told reporters that topics raised at the conference such as education, urban planning, and environment meet the requirements of Vietnamese localities and the interest of those in France.
France’s Plougastel city has developed a strong relationship with Vietnam’s Hai Phong and Ha Long city. Its mayor, Dominique Cap, told VOV about directions for future cooperation: “I think in the near future we should pay attention to the quality rather than quantity of cooperation projects. It’s necessary to put a greater focus on projects of environment and food safety which will directly improve local living conditions. More localities should be involved in the projects and be more active in decentralized cooperation”.
At the end of the conference, localities of the two countries signed 7 cooperation deals on healthcare, education, and gulf development. The 10th Vietnam-France Decentralized Cooperation Conference will take place in Vietnam’s southern city of Can Tho in 2016.