(VOV) – The second round of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations between Vietnam and the Russia-Belarus-Kazakhstan Customs Union was held in Moscow from June 20-25.
Both sides discussed issues related to commodity exports, services, investment and custom cooperation, the application of sanitary and phytosanitary measures (SPS), the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT), and legal articles and institutions.
- Vietnam, Customs Union Conclude FTA Negotiations
- December 15-21: Vietnam, Customs Union reach final conclusion towards free trade agreement
- FTA to create more rooms for Vietnam-Customs Union cooperation
- Free Trade Agreement brings new opportunities for Vietnam
- Wide doors to Customs Union for local goods
Minister of Industry and Trade Vu Huy Hoang, Head of the Vietnamese delegation and the Eurasian Economic Commission (EAEC) Trade Minister Andrei Slepnev underscored the need to conduct negotiations in line with the World Trade Organization (WTO) rules governing sensitive areas and development levels of each country.
They agreed on extensive consultations to move towards the third round of negotiations scheduled for September 9-13 in Belarus.