(VOV) – The second round of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations between Vietnam and the Russia-Belarus-Kazakhstan Customs Union was held in Moscow from June 20-25.
Both sides discussed issues related to commodity exports, services, investment and custom cooperation, the application of sanitary and phytosanitary measures (SPS), the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT), and legal articles and institutions.
- Moscow conference discusses FTA between Vietnam, EAEU
- FTA with Eurasian Economic Union leaves door wide open for Vietnam exports
- Vietnam signs free trade agreement with Russian-led economic union
- Vietnam's Prime Minister arrives in Kazakhstan for FTA signing
- EEU to conclude negotiations on FTA with Vietnam
Minister of Industry and Trade Vu Huy Hoang, Head of the Vietnamese delegation and the Eurasian Economic Commission (EAEC) Trade Minister Andrei Slepnev underscored the need to conduct negotiations in line with the World Trade Organization (WTO) rules governing sensitive areas and development levels of each country.
They agreed on extensive consultations to move towards the third round of negotiations scheduled for September 9-13 in Belarus.