- Hanoi police act to ensure order ahead of AFF Cup game
- Attention! Thousands may fill Saigon streets after Vietnam-Malaysia AFF Cup semi tonight
- Vietnam displays outstanding football in Suzuki Cup semi triumph: Malaysia coach
- Police use stun batons to subdue fans jostling for Vietnam-Malaysia game tickets
- Vietnam warns Malaysian fans against laser beams in AFF Suzuki Cup semis
The Vietnamese U14 female squad has been crowned the 2013 Asian Football Championship for Southeast Asian (SEA) region after thrashing Cambodia 7-0 in its last match in Ho Chi Minh City on June 23.
The team completely dominated the first half of the match with Nguyen Thu Hien opening the score and Nguyen Thi Nu and Nguyen Thi Quynh adding another two goals.
Then, in the second half, the Vietnamese players scored four more goals to end the match.
With this convincing win Vietnam was placed first, though sharing the same 12 points after 5 matches with Thailand but with a better goal difference against its rival.
Myanmar finished third, while the Philippines got Fair Play award.
Vietnam’s Nguyen Thi Quynh won both top scorer and best player titles.
The championship, held in Ho Chi Minh City from June 18-23, attracted six teams, including Cambodia, the Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and host Vietnam.