(VOVworld)- President Truong Tan Sang left Hanoi on Wednesday to embark on a state-level visit to China at the invitation of General Secretary of the Communist Party of China and President Xi Jinping. This will be the first-ever visit made by President Sang as Head of State and the first state-level visit by a high-ranking Vietnamese leader to China since the host country changed leadership. The visit aims to affirm Vietnam’s consistent policy in relations with the Communist Party of China and the State of China. The two countries have increased contacts between senior leaders to enhance mutual trust between the two Parties, States and the bilateral ties within the framework of comprehensive strategic partnership and further the bilateral cooperation, especially in economics and trade. Before the visit, President Truong Tan Sang granted an exclusive interview to Chinese correspondents in Hanoi on prospects of bilateral ties.
- Leaders’ condolence over terror attacks in Belgium
- State, government and National Assembly leaders deliver end-of-term performance reports
- VN President reviews activities during 2011-2016 tenure
- A New Impetus for Vietnam’s Relations with Tanzania, Mozambique and Iran
- President reviews activities during 2011-2016 tenure