- The man with the "face of devil" in Binh Dinh
- Vietnam student receives American information security certificate
- Stores close at Vietnam trade center as vendors strike over rent hikes
- Prohibition on businesses using names of famous Vietnamese people meets opposition
- Vietnam protests China's illegal acts in two archipelagoes
Vo Van Khu, 52, in a rural area in the central province of Binh Dinh is dubbed “the man with a demon’s face” due to his big facial tumor that disfigures half of his face. Doctors said the tumor was easy to remove, but the man had no money.
His family took him to hospital for treatment when doctors diagnosed that he suffered from a benign facial tumor, adding it was easy to remove it provided that he had enough money for surgery.
Since Khu could not afford the hospital fee, he just went home and prayed for a miracle. During that time, he met Ho Thi Nghe, his current wife.
“I hope God will give me health so that I can support my family for the rest of my life”, Khu told Tuoi Tre.