(VOV) -Vietnamese Ambassador to Laos Nguyen Manh Hung met with overseas Vietnamese (OVs) in LuangPrabang on June 17.
- “Vietnam Gala” in Hungary
- Hanoian Association raises profile in Germany
- Well-known Vietnamese in Canada
He informed them about their home country’s socio-economic development as well as Party and State policy for overseas Vietnamese, and thanked them for donating VND27 million to help local people and soldiers on Truong Sa (Spratly Island).
- Vietnamese women in Macau mark International Women’s Day
- Vietnamese students promote national culture in UK
- Overseas Vietnamese in the Republic of Korea welcome new Spring
- Vietnamese communities abroad celebrate traditional lunar New Year
- Vietnamese people in Germany support forces protecting sovereignty of the sea and islands
Ambassador Hung said he believes that the OVs will continue to strengthen solidarity, obey the laws in their resident country and build a stronger Vietnamese community.
Chu Ba Oanh, Chairman of Overseas Vietnamese Association in LuangPrabang, said about 450 Vietnamese are currently living and working in the province.
They all want to settle here and hope there will be new schools that will teach their children the Vietnamese language, Oanh added.