- Overseas Vietnamese in France supports Ly Son fishermen
- Vietnamese people in Norway raise fund to help poor and disable children
- Overseas Vietnamese women's union branch set up in Siem Reap
- Expatriates in Laos support Vietnamese forces protecting nation's sovereignty over sea and islands
- Overseas Vietnamese in France raise fund to support fishermen on Ly Son island
(VOV) -Vietnamese Ambassador to Laos Nguyen Manh Hung met with overseas Vietnamese (OVs) in LuangPrabang on June 17.
- “Vietnam Gala” in Hungary
- Hanoian Association raises profile in Germany
- Well-known Vietnamese in Canada
He informed them about their home country’s socio-economic development as well as Party and State policy for overseas Vietnamese, and thanked them for donating VND27 million to help local people and soldiers on Truong Sa (Spratly Island).
Ambassador Hung said he believes that the OVs will continue to strengthen solidarity, obey the laws in their resident country and build a stronger Vietnamese community.
Chu Ba Oanh, Chairman of Overseas Vietnamese Association in LuangPrabang, said about 450 Vietnamese are currently living and working in the province.
They all want to settle here and hope there will be new schools that will teach their children the Vietnamese language, Oanh added.